A few rules about discussion on this forum, prompted by a nasty comment that didn’t make it on to the page.
- There is no First Amendment here. This blog is private property. I make the rules on what will or won’t be said.
- Now, with that said: I will never, ever edit or delete a comment just because someone doesn’t agree with me. I don’t give a damn if people agree with me or not. If your comment is well phrased, coherent, and civil, go for it. In fact, I encourage comments from people who don’t agree with me or with an article I’ve linked to; it makes for interesting discussion.
- I will edit or delete comments that engage in:
- Name-calling. In name-calling I include juvenile crap like “teabaggers, DemoCRAPS, Cantservatives, LIEberals,” and so on. We’re all grown-ups here. That kind of horseshit belongs in junior high school. Leave it there.
- Insults. Personal attacks on me, a person in a linked article, or another commenter.
- Gratuitous foul language. I’m no stranger to profanity and will on occasion drop an F-bomb on this site. But foul language just for the sake of foul language will be deleted, and if it persists, I will whack you with the ban-stick.
- I will also delete any posts that engage in stupid, mindless, irritating ‘netspeak. By that I mean using “u” for “you,” “ur” for “you’re,” “ne1″ for “anyone” or any other stupid, lazy, slothful, dumbass variations on that theme. I don’t give a damn if you do it on Facebook or Myspace; you won’t do it here.
- If you have any objections to any of these rules, refer to Rule 1.
Play nice and we’ll all get along.